Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Quick and Foraged

My Dad brought round some blackberries a few days ago. The time is right and they are on every bush in London. He usually comes bearing gifts: a couple of slices of homemade bread wrapped in foil; a little bracelet; a book he can't cope with throwing away; even old curtains once with the suggestion they would make a nice dress! But these blackberries were lovely. Billy, our boy, had a few fistfulls but I knew he wouldn't get through all of them. So I whipped up a quick pudding with them. And it was the perfect use for some urban foraging. Nothing more than heated with about a tablespoon of water and the same of sugar. Once cool I stirred in set natural yogurt, and piled into some glasses. Tart and delicious and beautifully marbled.

1 comment:

  1. nice food ! I like it .I have never eaten this type of roll.It is very testy and delicious.chowringheenorthcampus

    ReplyDelete